Well knock me over with a feather, I am still kind of surprised but very flattered that Kimberly would be kind enough to pick my blog for note in this way, and she gets a very sincere thank you for the compliment.
I have been looking at this screen for a few minutes, totally nonplused because this is kinda new.
Firstly if you have a moment (or several hours) to check out Kimberly’s blog: Words4jp
I did after she commented on a rather dark post of mine and found myself admiring her for not only her strength but willingness to share. I hope she continues because she inspires and comforts, whether she knows it or not.
I will quote from her blog about the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have under 200 followers.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
To begin with the nominees:
~Click on the names to visit ~
The following are 11 questions for me to answer:
- Favorite junk food?
Depends on my mood, salty would be Old Dutch Potato chips (all dressed flavor), sweet would be a coffee crisp.
- What would be your dream job?
Writing, helping others or dispatching.
- What would be your ultimate costume – for Halloween or any costume party you would attend?
- Preferred form of exercise? (Lifting a finger does qualify).
Walking of late, aerobics /step or circuit training.
- What was your best birthday present ever?
Best all time present – is the dog asleep next to me but that was Christmas, birthday uhm faux biker jacket I got yesterday.
- If you could change the world – what would you change?
Eliminate hunger (humans and animals) / poverty
- If I asked you to sing a song right now, which song would you select?
Coat of Many Colours by Dolly Parton, was my mother’s favorite song, still makes me cry.
- Are you a righty or a lefty?
- Your favorite room or space in your house/apartment…..?
To write? Wherever it is quiet, to relax wherever I do not feel shut in…
- This may require some research: Which Greek god or goddess would you choose to be?
Hebe, the goddess of youth, was also a goddess of forgiveness. The slaves who were freed would hang their chains on her statue.
- Which do you prefer more – looking at a beautiful clear, blue sunny sky or a night sky full of stars?
Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:
- What makes you want to write/blog?
- What time of day is your time to write?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is your least favorite topic – what are you tired of hearing about?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- When you close your eyes to sleep, what thoughts help you drift off?
- If you had to spend a day walking would you prefer in a city, on a beach, seaside, country field, secluded forest or other?
- What is your favorite book/movie?
- Are you a confident writer?
- What topics would you like to see blogged about?
- How bored have all these questions made you?
Last but not least, facts about me……..
- I am a farm girl and love animals.
- I enjoy reading, watching moves and writing.
- I am agoraphobic, scared of heights, escalators make me want to hurl and elevators…might fall.
- I love blue.
- Night time is my most productive time.
- I admire those who serve their communities as Police, EMTs, Military, Firemen etc
- I do not trust politicians
- I have lived through -50 C and blizzards/ +105C and tornados.
- I hate mosquitoes
- I like the series Supernatural and Game of Thrones.
- I like to take pictures.
Thanks again to Kimberly (Word4jp’s Blog) for this very sweet compliment.
I hope that some of the folks I picked get noticed, as most are starting out and show a lot of promise for different reasons – all deserve a thank you for sharing and being part of the world of WordPress Bloggers.